MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES
- Fabric scissors
- 1½-inch wide slide and tri-glide
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
1. Cut off the tip of your tie 4.5 inches from the skinny end.
2. Take this piece and slip the slide through the cut end. With the wrong side of the tie facing up, fold the cut end down to keep the slide in place. Sew the fold in place with a running stitch.
3. Take the long necktie piece and slide the cut end through the tri-glide. Then slide the end through the slide and back up and around the center of the tri-glide. Fold the cut end down about 1 inch. Stitch in place with a running stitch.
4. Create buttonholes on each end of the necktie, starting about ¾ inch from the end. Make the buttonhole about ¾ inch in length. (Tip:
It’s best to keep the buttonhole on the tighter side because you want to ensure a secure fit on the guitar.) Attach each end to your guitar.