1. Cut your necktie 12½ inches from the wide end. Set the upper, skinny portion of the tie aside for another project.
2. With the wrong side of the tie facing up, make a fold ½ inch down from the cut end. Sew in place with a running stitch.
3. Flip the tie back over onto its right side. Place a large button about 2 inches down from the sewn edge. Sew this button into place.
4. Flip the tie over so the wrong side is facing up and the pointed end points away from you. Fold up the bottom 4 inches of the tie and stitch up the left and right edges to form a pocket. The button should be on the front and center of this pocket.
5. Attach the ponytail holder to the project by sewing the ponytail holder onto the inside edge of the pointed tip of the tie. The pointed end of the tie is now a top flap to the gadget case and the elastic cord is now the fastener. Flip down the flap and hook the cord over the button to secure your gadget in the necktie holder.