MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES
- Fabric scissors
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
1. Cut your necktie 16 inches from the wide end.
2. Add a buttonhole to the tip of the tie starting ¾ inch from the end. Make your buttonhole large enough to fit your button.
3. Place your button about 1¾ inch from the cut edge. Sew in place.
4. With the wrong side of the tie facing up, make a fold ½ inch down from the cut end. Stitch in place with a running stitch.
5. Fold up the bottom 6 inches of the tie and stitch up the left and right edges to form a pocket. The button should be on the front and center of this pocket.