MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES
- Six neckties
- Scrap paper
- Fabric scissors
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Pillow stuffing or soft fabric scraps
1. Determine the size you’d like your pillow. Add an inch to that measurement for seam allowance and cut out a square to this size. This will be your basic pillow pattern. We wanted a 12-inch pillow, so we cut out a 13-inch square.
2. Arrange your neckties as you’d like on top of your pattern overlapping the neckties by about ½ inch. Pin the necktie pieces together. Create two squares for the front and back of the pillow.
3. Sew the necktie pieces to each other for both squares.
4. To create your pillow place the right sides of the square panels together and pin around the outside edge. Sew along this edge leaving 6 inches open along one side.
5. Turn your piece inside out through this opening. Fill with stuffing or soft scraps of fabric. Once your pillow is filled, sew the opening closed.