Only fools mistake femininity for weakness, and if there’s one thing Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra are not, it’s foolish. The married duo’s signature elements were on full display at New York Fashion Week on Thursday: the draped silk and jersey dresses, the saturated jewel tones, the watercolor-esque AirDye prints. But they also ventured outside their typical milieu by plying their Fall/Winter 2013 collection with brown alpaca “teddy bear” wrap coats, vine-knit capelet cardigans, and even a two-toned tailored trouser, cordovan in front, steel gray in the back—the sartorial equivalent of an iron fist in a velvet glove.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU:
Costello Tagliapietra “Knit”-Picks at Fall 2013 New York Fashion Week
by Jasmin Malik Chua, 02/11/13
- Photos by Amanda Coen for Ecouterre No huge surprises at Costello Tagliapietra’s Spring/Summer 2013 show at New York Fashion Week on Thursday. The burly duo, who
- ROMANCE IN BLOOM Costello and Tagliapietra’s kaleidoscopic prints have become as much a trademark as their coordinating outfits. And in this instance, they led the collection.
- Static images seldom do runway shows any justice, particularly when they’re as dynamic as Costello Tagliapietra’s Fall/Winter 2012 debut at New York Fashion Week. Watch
- Womens ClothesWomens Clothes
- Mens ClothesMens Clothes
- Fashion Show CoverageFashion Show Coverage
- Wearable TechWearable Tech
- Retrend AlertRetrend Alert
- Reuse / RecycleReuse / Recycle
- DIY NationDIY Nation
- Vegan StyleVegan Style
Welcome to Ecouterre.com, your online guide
to the best ideas, innovations and emerging
trends in eco fashion, sustainable style,
organic beauty and ethical apparel.
get the free Ecouterre newsletter
follow ecouterre on:
Ecouterre Featured Stories
- popular todayall timemost commented
- Ecouterre on Facebook