Event Starts: December 1, 2011
Event Ends: January 16, 2012
Calling all designers! How would you like to be whisked off to L.A., to mix with the world’s most stylish people? Director James Cameron’s wife, Suzy Amis Cameron, is giving you the chance to do just that if you can design a dress made entirely out of sustainable fabrics to be worn on the red carpet at the 84th Academy Awards on February 26 by a surprise Hollywood actress.
The winner will:
- Receive industry support and guidance from an established fashion designer to make the red carpet dress.
- Be supplied with the sustainable fabrics required to make their design in accordance with their submission and under the guidance of “Red Carpet Green Dress” and their partners.
- Fly roundtrip to/from Los Angeles from the commercial airport located closest to the winner’s home; spend three nights in Los Angeles, California from February 24-26, 2012.
- Meet the female celebrity who will be wearing the winning dress design.
- Visit and receive a VIP tour of MUSE School CA while in Los Angeles.
- Meet Suzy Amis Cameron during the tour of the school.
All proceeds from the competition will go towards MUSE schools, which help educate children around the world.