Napping has never been so easy, thanks to a new inflatable hoodie. Designed by Josh Woodle, and manufactured in the U.S. of A., the “Hypnos Hoodie’s” hood transforms into an ergonomic pillow with the flick of a switch. For just $49, on-the-go, well-supported naps could be yours, along with a comfortable, oversized hoodie.
Photo by Shutterstock
You can’t move forward without knowing where you’ve been. Peruse our end-of-year roundups below and vote for your favorite post—or least favorite, as the case may be.
What was your favorite eco-fashion story of 2015?
- 26 Votes Reality Show Sets Young Fashionistas to Work in Cambodian Sweatshop
- 11 Votes 87-Year-Old Woman Finishes Knitting 1,000th Sweater For Kids in Need
- 3 Votes A London Community Grows Flax to Turn Into Clothing
- 3 Votes Vibram’s Furoshiki-Inspired Shoe Wraps Around Your Foot Like Fabric
- 2 Votes Baubax's 15-in-1 Jacket Lets You Stow Everything
- 2 Votes Actor Will Smith’s Son Jaden Owns One Pair of Shoes, Five Shirts
- 2 Votes Ohhio’s Extremely Chunky Knits Are What Dreams Are Made of
Total Voters: 49
Take a ride on the Wayback Machine with the most popular stories of 2014.
What was the biggest eco-fashion milestone of 2015?
- 17 Votes Europe Launches €3.6 Million Project to Tackle Clothing Waste
- 11 Votes Finnish Groups to Turn Waste Cotton Into New Fiber for Fashion Industry
- 11 Votes Wildlife Works—Africa’s First Carbon-Neutral, Fair-Trade Factory
- 8 Votes IKEA Reaches 100 Percent Sustainable Cotton Milestone
- 7 Votes Nordic Countries Launch Action Plan for Sustainable Fashion
- 5 Votes European Union Bans Toxic Chemical NPE in Textile Imports
- 2 Votes CFDA, Lexus Launch Fashion Initiative to Create “Meaningful Change”
Total Voters: 61
Feeling nostalgic? Skip back a year for 10 of the most revolutionary eco-fashion stories of 2014.
What was the most WTF fashion and beauty story of 2015?
- 24 Votes Hermès Suppliers Caught Sawing Open Live Alligators for Their Skin
- 13 Votes Nearly Half a Million Children Toil in India’s Cottonseed Fields
- 12 Votes Years Later, Bangladesh Fire Victims Still Await Walmart Compensation
- 7 Votes Model Loses Leg After Contracting Toxic Shock Syndrome From Tampon
- 5 Votes Fire Retardants Might Be Entering Your Body Through Your Nail Polish
- 4 Votes H&M “Dramatically” Lagging Behind in Bangladesh Fire, Safety Repairs
- 3 Votes Walmart’s Website Chock-Full of Deceptive “Made in U.S.A.” Claims
Total Voters: 68
For more reasons to clutch your head like a stunned monkey, check out the worst stories of 2014.
What was the weirdest story of 2015?
- 12 Votes Designer Dyes Silk Scarves With Living Soil Bacteria
- 12 Votes Smog-Filled Jewelry Support World's Largest Air Purifier
- 11 Votes Man Transforms Bone From Amputated Leg Into Engagement Ring
- 11 Votes Glass Memorial Pendants Incorporate Loved Ones' Remains
- 5 Votes Rotterdam Students Turn Fruit, Vegetable Waste Into Faux Leather
- 4 Votes Australians Create Dress From Fermented Beer
- 3 Votes A Batman Suit Composed Almost Entirely of Tree Bark
Total Voters: 58
Want more weird? Check out the freakiest eco-fashion stories of 2014.
What was 2015's most creative example of recycled fashion?
- 23 Votes Solar-Powered Recycled Schoolbags Double as Homework Lamp
- 13 Votes Adidas Creates World's First Sneakers Made From Ocean Trash
- 13 Votes Vittel Transforms Old Couches Into Bespoke Running Shoes
- 12 Votes Haunting "Trashion" Gowns Illustrate Senegal's Pollution Problem
- 11 Votes H&M Debuts New Denim Styles Made From Recycled Clothing
- 5 Votes Designer Turns Festival Tents Into "Sheltersuits" for Homeless
- 4 Votes Speedo Makes Closed-Loop Swimwear From Its Own Scraps
Total Voters: 81
We couldn’t include all of our upcycled faves. Drop by our archives for more creative goodness.
Get more of tomorrow’s technology today from our archives
SLOW DENIM Tired of your dungarees? Simply drop them off for a 20 percent discount off your next pair. Nudie will either offer them for resale as secondhand items or recycle them into…
Veja doesn’t just make shoes; it makes statements. The French company employs some of the greenest footwear materials on the planet, including wild Amazonian rubber, organic and…
The newly launched rabbit performance running apparel brand lets dedicated runners “run free.” The affordable line was designed without all the bells and whistles, created after…
The deadly collapse of Bangladesh’s Rana Plaza factory building may have sparked a flurry of fire and building-safety reforms, but garment workers continue to struggle to be…
LOCAL COLOR The dye garden was started two years ago as a pilot project to demonstrate that fabric dyeing, which packs a heavy environmental punch, could be done with specific plants…
Photo by s_bukley/Shutterstock Hip-hop entrepreneur and yoga fanatic Russell Simmons has written an open letter to yoga clothing retailer Lululemon on behalf of PETA. In his plea,…
FRINGE BENEFITS Gussy up the fringe of a plain handbag or clutch with pops of statement-making color. + DIY Painted Fringe Handbag + The Storibook LITE BRITE Add a faux-marble finish to…
SMART SOCKS You’ll get a warning before that happens via an LED light in the cuff, which will flash red before the signal transmits. To continue watching your show uninterrupted,…