Love ‘em or hate ‘em, celebrities have louder voices than us mere mortals. From musician Pharrell Williams, who thinks fashion can be a tool for protecting the planet, to supermodel Christy Turlington, who says that the preventable death of one garment worker is still one too many, here are seven bold-faced names who used their fame to amplify their message.
Which was the incisive celebrity quote of 2014?
- 18 Votes Jane Goodall: Cheap Things Are Proof That People Weren't Paid Fairly
- 9 Votes Vivienne Westwood: Fashion is a Terrible Thing
- 7 Votes Livia Firth: Fashion Should Be on Climate-Change Agenda
- 6 Votes Christy Turlington: Sacrificing Humans for Profit is Unethical
- 4 Votes Pope Francis: Consumption is Always a Moral Act
- 3 Votes Pharrell Williams: Fashion Can be a Player in Protecting the Planet
- 2 Votes Neil Young: Organic Cotton is the Wiser Option for People, Planet
Total Voters: 49