We might escape that handbasket to hell just yet. From the tens of thousands of people who stood up for worker rights around the globe on Fashion Revolution Day to Pharrell Williams and G-Star Raw’s ocean-plastic denim line, here are 10 stories that made us breathe a little easier in 2014.
What was the most eventful eco-fashion story of 2014?
- 12 Votes 60 Countries Participated in "Fashion Revolution Day"
- 9 Votes Pharrell Williams, G-Star Raw Create Denim From Ocean Plastic
- 8 Votes H&M, Primark, Zara Agree to Raise Cambodia's Minimum Wage
- 5 Votes New York, New Jersey Enact Laws to Ban Ivory, Rhino-Horn Sales
- 5 Votes San Francisco Launches Zero-Waste Textile Recycling Initiative
- 4 Votes H&M, Levi's, Zara Pledge to Use Deforestation-Free Textiles
- 4 Votes Levi's Makes Jeans Using 100 Percent Recycled Water
- 3 Votes Italy's Largest Textile Suppliers Pledge to Detox Supply Chains
- 2 Votes Cradle to Cradle Institute Launches "Fashion Positive"
- 1 Votes Walmart Creates $10M Fund for U.S. Manufacturing
Total Voters: 52
Feeling nostalgic? Skip back a year for seven of the most revolutionary eco-fashion stories of 2013.