Creepy, kooky, and altogether ooky. From shoes embellished with hundreds of dentures to textiles derived from cremated human remains, here are seven mind-boggling stories that amazed, confounded, and sometimes made us throw up in our mouths a little over the past year. Above, a beetle-wing-encrusted gown worn by actress Charlize Theron in Snow White and the Hunstman.
What was the weirdest eco-fashion story of 2012?
- 26 Votes Creepy shoes made from human dentures
- 6 Votes Textiles made of cremated human remains
- 6 Votes Gemstone-encrusted jewelry, made by insects
- 4 Votes Charlize Theron's beetle-wing gown
- 3 Votes Gold-pooping bacteria
- 3 Votes Sunburn-protecting "face-kini"
- 2 Votes Clothing derived from fermented booze
Total Voters: 50
Want to do the time warp with us? Check out the most bizarre eco-fashion stories of 2011.