What a long, strange trip 2014 has been. From diamond rings crafted from pressurized human remains to three-dimensionally printed “wearable biospheres” for navigating alien planets, here are seven stories that let their freak flag fly.
What was the weirdest eco-fashion story of 2014?
- 27 Votes Swiss Firm Turns Cremated Remains Into Diamonds
- 24 Votes Woman Spends 11 Years Knitting Coat From Her Own Hair
- 8 Votes Parasitic Jewelry Converts Body Movement Into Electricity
- 6 Votes 3D-Printed "Wearable Biospheres" for Space Exploration
- 5 Votes "Ethical" Fur Harvested From Roadkill
- 5 Votes Zero-Waste Accessories Derived From Cow Ears, Snouts
- 1 Votes A Bikini Made Entirely From Sand
Total Voters: 75
Want more weird? Check out the most bizarre eco-fashion stories of 2013.