As depressing as the cosmetics and personal-care industry often is, consumer advocates managed to score a number of victories in 2012, including the first Congressional hearing on beauty safety in 30 years. We've rounded up seven reasons not to give up the ship just yet. Above, Whole Foods dealt a blow to deceptive labeling in September when it became the first national retailer to mandate certifications for all organic skin- and bodycare products on its shelves.
Which was the most game-changing beauty story of 2012?
- 5 Votes China approves first non-animal cosmetics test
- 4 Votes Nobel-winning technology could make synthetic ingredients history
- 3 Votes LUSH awards £400,000 to cruelty-free research
- 1 Votes Whole Foods mandates certifications for organic beauty products
- 1 Votes L'Oreal partners with EPA to end animal testing
- 1 Votes Congress holds first hearing on cosmetics safety in 30 years
- 0 Votes Brazilian Blowout told to warn customers about cancer risk
Total Voters: 15