Waste not, want not. From street-smart jewelry made from fallen graffiti to sexy lingerie derived from mulched Christmas trees, here are seven of this year’s most innovative recycled designs.
What was 2014's most daring example of recycled fashion?
- 58 Votes Brigid KO Turns Used Inner Tubes Into Pleather Couture
- 25 Votes Sneakers Made From 100% U.K. Rubbish
- 18 Votes French Designer Makes Lingerie From Discarded Christmas Trees
- 12 Votes Rebel Nell Recycles Detroit's Peeling Graffiti Into Jewelry
- 9 Votes Jewelry From the Fence That Imprisoned Nelson Mandela
- 4 Votes TRMTAB Weaves Leather Waste Into Laptop, Tablet Sleeves
- 3 Votes Nudie Jeans Repurposes Denim Into Camper Seats, Rag Rugs
Total Voters: 129
We couldn’t include all our “trashy” favorites. Visit our archives for any stories you may have missed.