Personal Jetsons-esque jet packs not withstanding, you only need to take a gander at these brilliant examples of wearable technology for proof that the future has arrived. Although pie-in-the-sky concepts like kinetically powered music players and solar-powered beanies abounded this year, we teased out the best ideas that had working prototypes already in place. (Some, like Zegna’s solar-powered jacket and Sonic Fabric’s cassette-tape fedoras are even available for purchase.) Have an inkling of what the next big thing is likely to be? Cast your vote below!
Which is the hottest wearable-technology concept of 2009?
- 75 Votes CO2-sniffing climate-change gown
- 65 Votes Glucose-sensing contact lenses for diabetics
- 24 Votes Playable cassette-tape fedoras
- 23 Votes Solar-powered bag/lantern
- 18 Votes Color-changing swine-flu masks
- 16 Votes Zegna's solar-powered jacket
- 16 Votes World's largest wearable display
Total Voters: 190