Don't let the absence of flying cars of personal jet-packs fool you. The future is already here. From cancer-detecting bras to real-life invisibility cloaks, we've rounded up the year's most cutting-edge concepts. Above, "Move" by Electricfoxy, a "smart" compression top that features built-in electronics to read and correct your body's position and muscle movement like a personal trainer would.
Which was the hottest wearable-technology concept of 2012?
- 24 Votes Cancer-detecting bra could surpass mammograms in accuracy
- 22 Votes Camouflage technology helps soldiers vanish
- 18 Votes $1 felt converts body heat to electricity
- 11 Votes Google's glasses offer Terminator-like vision
- 10 Votes "Invisible" bike helmet deploys only on impact
- 3 Votes Energy-harvesting chip turns shoes into cellphone chargers
- 3 Votes High-tech tank top functions like a personal trainer
Total Voters: 91
Hankering for more wearable innovations? Lose yourself in our archives.