The more you know...the more you want to squeeze your eyes shut, stick your fingers in your ears, and go "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU." From everyday ingredients that could cause cancer to a revival of antiquated forms of approving cosmetics, here are seven of the year's most alarming beauty stories. Above, LUSH illustrated the barbarism of animal testing by subjecting performance artist Jacqueline Traides to 10 hours of force-feedings, liquid injections, and other torturous procedures.
Which was the most shocking beauty story of 2012?
- 31 Votes Avon, Estée Lauder, Mary Kay resume testing on animals
- 28 Votes LUSH performs "animal testing" on human subject
- 4 Votes Genuine mink-fur eyelash extensions are trending
- 4 Votes Antibacterial ingredient in soap could impair muscle function
- 3 Votes Sunscreen ingredient could increase skin-cancer risk
- 2 Votes Spray-tanning could cause genetic mutation, DNA damage
- 1 Votes Fish pedicures could cause serious bacterial infections
Total Voters: 73