If there’s one thing we can count on every year, it’s the evil people do—and the good they don’t. From slaughterhouses that are skinning dogs alive for leather gloves and other accessories to the Cambodian garment workers who gave their lives to make our cheap clothes, here are seven stories that drove the human race to new lows.
Which was the most shocking fashion revelation of 2014?
- 22 Votes Cambodian Garment Workers Are Dying for Our Cheap Clothes
- 12 Votes Dogs Are Being Bludgeoned, Skinned Alive to Make Leather Gloves
- 8 Votes Sheep Are Killed, Mutilated for Wool
- 3 Votes Australia Revokes 18-Year-Old Anti-Sweatshop Program
- 3 Votes Twice as Many People Showed Up on Black Friday Than Midterm Elections
- 2 Votes Fast Fashion is Making It Easier for Drug Cartels to Launder Money
- 1 Votes L.A. Garment Factories Owe Workers Millions in Back Pay
Total Voters: 51
Was 2014 an improvement over 2013? Judge for yourself.